Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 4 Peer Response Angela



Angela said
Enrollment, according to the author in Art of Possibilities, it is not forcing, bargaining, or tricking someone to get your way.  It is the art and practices of generating spark to share.  I remember at a career seminar I attended there was homework giving for each student to go out that day to a idea company they would like to work for and asked to speak with the hiring manager.  We were instructed to tell them our purpose was not to ask for a job, but to interview them to see what type a candidate they are looking for to hire.  At first I was scared, but after asking the questions I became more relaxed and the hiring manager seen that in me. A the end of the interview I was given constructive criticism that helped me.  Like the father who dressed in his three-piece suit to met with a man to conduct business in person, sometimes you must face in person to impress the mind of others.


I said

What a wonderful idea to talk to the hiring manager about what their ideal candidate is.  I believe this assignment not only helped you, but the hiring manager as well.  It was an interesting way of enrolling a potential employer and one that I will use in the future with clients and other’s that I want to catch my flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Subscribe: