Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 2 Comment to Peer: Mellissa


Mellissa stated on her blog

I think in today’s society there are so many families who don’t have meaningful communication at dinner or any other time of the day. So many children equate being successful with earning money and if they did a good or bad job. I think that the concept of contribution builds up the spirit. As a teacher I may not have all children in my class on grade level. However, I know that they have all shown growth academically and personally. I know that the student who was sent to the office every day of Kindergarten only spent 6 days in the office this past year. I know that my student whose father was in Japan during the tsunami was comforted when the class researched the tsunami and showed support. In life there are contributions we make in the lives of others that cannot be measured. Being able to pour into the life of another is immeasurable yet the feeling of being able to contribute is priceless.


My comment

Your lasted sentence is the essence was what it means to a contributor.  I am going to put this on my wall so I can read it everyday.  The point that you make about being able to contribute is priceless is very true.  Further, it is important to remember that the size of the contribution is not important because the impact is relative and in the eye of the recipient of the contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Subscribe: